Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Slenderman: A Creation of the Human Mind and Out of Control?

Back in 2017, my book The Slenderman Mysteries was published. In the pages of the book I spent a lot of time addressing the theory that the Slenderman – that began as nothing more than a bit of online entertainment – has taken on a degree of reality. I’m talking about the phenomenon of the Tulpa. For those who may not be familiar with the world of the Tulpa (also known as a thought-form), here’s some words from howstuffworks: “Many of us grew up with an imaginary friend by our side. Maybe you still like to personify your favorite character or superhero, but these companions typically don’t usually last beyond childhood. However, there’s an ancient idea gaining more and more traction in our modern world. It’s the idea that given enough thought and focus, we can actually create real sentient beings. They’re known as tulpas, beings or objects that are created in someone’s imagination by visualization techniques.” And here, below, is some additional material, this time from Occult World:

“Tibetan Thought-forms In Tibetan occultism, thoughts can create a phantom form called a tulpa. Of temporary duration, tulpas usually assume human shape and are created to be sent out on a mission. In her explorations of Tibetan thought, Alexandra David-Neel successfully created a tulpa, though it was not what she intended and for a time eluded her control. David-Neel sought to create a lama who would be ‘short and fat, of an innocent and jolly type.’ After several months of performing the prescribed ritual, a phantom monk appeared. It assumed a lifelike form over a period of time and existed almost like a guest in David-Neel’s apartment. The tulpa tagged along with her as she went out on a tour.” The entity became ever more corporeal – and dangerous, too. That is, until David-Neel was forced to deconstruct her creation. It is cases like the one above that make me believe the Slenderman has gone from being an Internet monstrosity (in every sense, given the overall, terrible story) to something that has taken on its own existence. Albeit, in a very strange and sinister fashion. It’s possible, too, that in some fashion the Slenderman (as an archetype) has been around for a long time, as you’ll see from the material below.

Like most writers, I get a lot of feedback from those who read my books. And that’s just the same for The Slenderman Mysteries. Over the years, I’ve received a significant number of reports of the Slenderman in our reality. To give you an idea of how this phenomenon has grown, here are the statistics for the years 2018-2021. In 2018 I received 19 reports. In the following year they were 24. In 2020 they were 14. And, so far, in this year, the numbers are 12. I’ll share with you one example of the kind of stories I get. The one below came from “Bee Intelligent,” who reached me on April 28, 2018. He began as follows: “I’m 55 years old and have known about MIB [Men in Black] since the 70s. Personally, the majority of the visits are, in my opinion, demonically orchestrated. I have learned, due to my belief system, not to make these events complicated. It is exactly what it portrays itself to be! Having the gift of discernment reveals what these hybrids are, that is evil! I call the feelings and smells are all ‘symptoms’ of a demonic encounter! If you agree with this, then the obvious next conclusion is that these so-called ‘aliens’ are also demonic and what does the demonic dwell in? They dwell in shadows! They do not want to found out!”

Bee continued: “UFO encounters out them and their hybrids and satanic agendas. After all, it is about soul collecting, is it not? I reside on the West Coast of Lake Michigan. My front door faces directly 8 miles from an active nuclear power plant that is, within months, being decommissioned. This process can take up to 20 years. I live in the ‘hot zone’ range of this very old plant. For three years, due to living on a hill with a spectacular view of the open sky, I have witnessed UFO activity coming directly from the nuclear power plant and fly slowly right over my head. With incredible lighting and maneuvers like your Father mentioned to you. Including complete ‘stand still hoovering.’ I have also felt that I have been discovered witnessing this and have had some type of acknowledgment from the crafts. It hard to explain. I just know they know that I see them! Usually I witness them around 11:00 p.m. and beyond.”

The cover of Robin Swope’s book on the Slenderman

There was more to come from Bee: “Anyhow, something different happened last August, 2017. As I stated, I live on a hill with a steep drop off approximately 30 feet from my door. This is a brand new apartment complex and a very short road runs in front of my back patio door. I should have originally said I’m witnessing these events from my back patio. The road runs to the right for about 100 feet and turns right to the front of the complex. Around 1:00 a.m. I felt compelled to go out unto my patio and look right. Now below the hill is nothing but woods. I saw 3 very tall, slender men [italics mine] come up the hill, unto the road, in perfect formation, walking extremely slow, dressed completely the same, all in black and suddenly stop!”

Bee concluded the story: “All 3 turned their heads directly towards me and just stood still! It seemed like minutes but I don’t think it was. I actually felt an electric charge go from my feet, straight up my back up to my head. Not only that, the fear I felt and also a sickness in my stomach was nothing I have felt EVER in my lifetime. I knew they were EVIL. They slowly moved their heads in complete synchronized fashion forward and slowly, and I mean slowly, continued to walk forward and disappeared from sight. I know exactly what i just witnessed! That was pure evil. Now, with that being said, I don’t know if it was a warning, a visit, or what. I have not spoken about this event until now! Summer is almost here again and I wonder what I will witness.”

I wondered, too. Bee never got back to me, however.

The post The Slenderman: A Creation of the Human Mind and Out of Control? first appeared on Mysterious Universe.

from Mysterious Universe https://ift.tt/34MRmfX

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONNECTED WITH US

Carousel Display

FlatBook

Mysterious worldwide brings you the latest news and podcasts covering difficult or impossible to understand, explain, or identify the strange.




Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *