Monday, July 12, 2021

When Nightmarish “Things” Find Their Way Into Our Dreams

I’m sure that everyone has had a dream that didn’t seem quite right. A dream that didn’t seem like an everyday dream. The kind of dream that came across like an absolute nightmare. And, in some cases, the nightmare went on and on. In September 2014, I received the details of such a dream from an Englishwoman named Sandra Green. Only hours after briefly seeing a cigar-shaped UFO hovering near Stonehenge, Wiltshire, England on December 25, 1985, Sandra  – who was driving home, in the early hours, after a late night Christmas Eve party in the English city of Bath – had a bizarre dream. In it, three Men in Black warned Sandra to keep her nose out of UFOs. They were – as they usually are – cadaverous “slightly dead”-looking MIB. As for the warning, it was one of those “or else”-type threats that the MIB are so skilled at making. The dream was so graphic it led Sandra to believe that the MIB had the ability to literally get inside her dreams, manipulate those very same dreams, and issue a bone-chilling warning – one which she has still not forgotten. Now, it’s time to tackle another creepy dream. It’s a story that goes back to October 2014. The Hat Man is a Man in Black-type thing that appears in shadowy form; not unlike the infamous Shadow People – to whom the Hat Man is almost certainly related, even if we’re not sure why. On many occasions, however, the Hat Man appears in regular, human form, with a black beard and a black suit, and wearing a long overcoat or a cloak –always black, too. I know this, as I have investigated many such incidents. Most noticeable about this creepy figure is, of course, his hat. Sometimes, it’s a fedora, other times it’s an old style top hat. Occasionally, it’s more like a cowboy hat. But, regardless of the kind of headgear, it’s always present and always black. Many of the encounters occur while the victim is in a distinct altered state – that of sleeping.

While nightmares are most common in children, many adults suffer from recurring bad dreams.

Angie had just such an encounter in Leominster, Massachusetts, on September 6, 1994, as she told me late on the evening of October 8, 2014. Her reason for contacting me was due to the fact that, quite out of the blue, she had suddenly begun to dream of the events of twenty years earlier – and dream of them almost every night for the last couple of weeks. Very much like those people unfortunate enough to be confronted by the somewhat similar Slenderman – the ultimate Internet meme come to life in Tulpa form – Angie was sleeping when the mysterious thing disturbed her sleep by manifesting in her bedroom and staring at her with a menacing grin on its pale, ghoulish face. For a few moments, Angie was unable to move. As she finally broke the spell of paralysis, however, the Hat Man was gone.

Then, on February 28, 2016, and on checking my email around 8:30 a.m., I received a story from a woman named Belinda. She had a traumatic dream two nights earlier: she encountered a Man in Black wearing shiny black gloves. In the dream, the MIB pursued her along an old railroad track – one that was seemingly never-ending. Only when the MIB was within a few feet of her did Belinda wake up with an ear-piercing scream. Something which Belinda’s husband attested to. She had no involvement in the UFO subject, or that of the paranormal. Belinda sought me out. Good friend and psychic Kim Rackley had a story to share, too. Here’s how it goes: “Being a medium I am not fearful of the supernatural or unearthly, but there is one thing that has filled me with terror since I was a child and that is the MIB. I’ve told the story of my repetitive MIB encounters before but it suffers repeating because I believe it is significant to the most recent encounter. From the time I was 8 and witnessed a glowing figure slightly similar to a grey walking down the hallway of my home, I have been subject to frequent MIB visits. These visits are always from the same two men, mostly in my dream state until I began realizing my abilities as a medium and then the visits would occur in meditation or altered states of consciousness.”

In the summer of 2016, UFO researcher and radio-show host, Tracie Austin, invited me and David Weatherly to be on her show. The plan was to have Tracie first interview us separately: I would be interviewed on the MIB and David on the Black-Eyed Children. And, then, there would be a round-table discussion on both phenomena, noting the undeniable links between the two. A date was soon fixed: September 22. Both David and I flew in on the same morning and spent the afternoon hanging out at our hotel. The high-strangeness wasn’t just limited to the show, however. Tracie herself had a trio of stories of her own to relate to me. They were, of course, as bizarre as they were disturbing. She told me: “With me doing the show on the Black-Eyed Kids, I was reading David’s book every day before we did the show. So, it was on my mind. And it only happened the one time, but I had this dream that we had a friend over and there was a knock at the door, and the friend that came over opened the door. And I saw a black-eyed kid standing at the door; one single boy. And the friend asked him to come in, and I said “No, no, no; you can’t let him in!” But, he wandered in, slightly. It was a kid with a hoodie and jeans; the typical kid. And I pushed him out the door and said again, “No, you can’t let him in!” It shook me a bit when I woke up.”

One of the people whose studies I focused upon was Samuel Hatfield, a psychic. In his own words: “Why would someone purposefully invade someone else’s dream? Well, there are a number of reasons; the chief among them is to influence someone’s thinking. Much of what occurs in a dream is left in the subconscious or unconscious mind. The subconscious / unconscious mind influences much of our daily lives. It governs the automatic responses and processes such as memory, motivation, instinct, and even emotional reaction. Purposeful invaders often seek to influence these things to invoke particular responses in others. They do this by entering the lucid dream, or even pulling someone into their own dream and implanting thought forms to condition the subject.”

I could go on and on with such accounts involving black-garbed characters and who are intent on getting into our dreams. The skeptics would likely say that it’s all down to bad dreams. Frankly, though, I don’t think that’s all it is. There’s something else going on, too. But, I freely admit I don’t know what that “it” is. Maybe, you do…

The post When Nightmarish “Things” Find Their Way Into Our Dreams first appeared on Mysterious Universe.

from Mysterious Universe https://ift.tt/3hxZk3O

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONNECTED WITH US

Carousel Display

FlatBook

Mysterious worldwide brings you the latest news and podcasts covering difficult or impossible to understand, explain, or identify the strange.




Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *