Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Has Anyone Ever Really Seen the Slenderman? Yes, They Have

At first glance, the ways and means by which the Slenderman was created appear very simple. At second glance, however, things are just about anything but simple. Indeed, many things in life are so often not what they seem to be. With the Slenderman, though, just about nothing at all is as it seems. As for the wholly down to earth explanation for the Slenderman’s “existence,” well, it all began in early June 2009, specifically on the 10th of the month. That was when a man named Eric Knudsen chose to do something that some might view as intriguing. Knudsen molded, nurtured and duly unveiled what is just about the creepiest and most hostile creature that the Internet has ever seen: the Slenderman. By his own admission, Knudsen had more than a few inspirations for his personal creature of choice – some were from the world of horror-fiction. Others, however, came from the all too real, and all too dangerous, domain of the supernatural. They included the notorious Men in Black of UFO lore, Mothman, the collective works of H.P. Lovecraft, sinister Shadow People, Zack Parsons’ That Insidious Beast, the works of Stephen King, and an eerie character known as the Mad Gasser of Mattoon. The goal, Knudsen explained, was to create “something whose motivations can barely be comprehended and causes general unease and terror in a general population.”

Although the Slenderman started out as a piece of entertainment, the fact is that the Slenderman has undoubtedly become a reality – and in the form of nothing less than a Tulpa/thought-form. How can I be sure? Because, in the wake of my 2017 book, The Slenderman Mysteries, I was swamped with people who wanted to share their stories about having seen the creature. I still get reports from people who have seen the skinny thing, and not just in dreams or nightmares, but in the real world. With that said, let’s take a look at some of those cases. David Weatherly has been good enough to share with me certain cases that, in the high-strangeness stakes, really stand out. Here’s one such case: As Matt told David Weatherly in 2004, it was when Matt was a child – which was long before Eric Knudsen’s Slenderman ever became a definitive phenomenon – that he first encountered the Slenderman, and while he was growing up in the state of Ohio. Matt related to David: “I remember seeing a figure like this when I was a child in Ohio. I know that I saw it. I remember having horrible dreams for the longest time but my parents kept telling me I was just having nightmares and there really wasn’t anything out there. But he was; I know that he was out there every night for a whole summer. He was always standing in the trees at the back of the yard, and from my bed I could see him. I don’t know what finally made him go away, but I know that I prayed every night that he wouldn’t harm me when I fell asleep.” Moving on…

Early on the morning of Saturday, March 17, 2018, I headed down to Glen Rose, Texas, where I was due to speak at the 7th Annual Texas Metaphysical and Paranormal Unity Fest. It’s a fun gig that I do every year. As well as being an event which is guaranteed to entertain and inform, it’s also a good opportunity to hang out with old friends in the fields of monster-hunting and Ufology. I had been invited to speak on the subject of my then-newly-published book, The Slenderman Mysteries, which was getting a huge amount of publicity. Just a couple of weeks earlier, I happened to make mention of the event to a good friend of mine, Kimberly Rackley. She’s a gifted psychic who had her own Slenderman-type experiences of the menacing and harrowing kind and which were detailed in the pages of my book on the subject. Kim asked me if she could come along. Of course, I said “Sure!” It was while we were hanging out at the gig that I was approached by a number of people who…had seen the Slenderman.

(Nick Redfern) Psychic Kimberly Rackley

I was sitting at my table, chatting with Kim, when a woman came up to me and asked if she could have a few minutes of my time. “Of course,” I said. I’m always pleased to hang out and chat with people at conferences – I never really understood those self-absorbed, ego-driven pricks who don’t have time for their audiences and the people who buy their books. So, I sat back and listened to what the woman had to say. She was probably in her late thirties and was at the gig with her young daughter. I was amazed when the mother told me how her daughter, some months earlier, had seen the Slenderman. I asked where, exactly, the incident occurred and got a strange and unforeseen response. The woman’s daughter had seen the seven-to-nine-foot-tall, black-suited monster hovering over the roof of her ex-husband’s home in Oklahoma. Its face was pointed in the direction of the terrified girl, its octopus-style tentacles waving in menacing fashion. Then, suddenly, it was gone, dematerialized.

Such was the trauma that the encounter provoked, the mother said that he daughter had a significant amount of counseling to get over the bone-chilling encounter. Kim and I looked on astounded. But, things were not over yet. Shortly afterwards, another woman came up our table and said that she had encountered not just one Slenderman, but several of them – walking through an old cemetery in the city of Dallas. The encounter had occurred back in the 1980s, but the memories were far from being gone. The Slendermen, me and Kim were told, were incredibly tall, emaciated, and dressed in black suits. Not surprisingly, when the terrible group slowly turned their attention to the woman, she fled the cemetery, never to return. Not even now, more than three decades later. I asked her if she could go into more detail, but she felt that she had already said enough. Altogether now, I have thirty-one cases of people who claim to have seen the Slenderman in our world, and not just on the Internet, or in their dreams and nightmares. In other words, the thing is real. Although, it wasn’t always that way.

The post Has Anyone Ever Really Seen the Slenderman? Yes, They Have first appeared on Mysterious Universe.

from Mysterious Universe https://ift.tt/3y8qHs3

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONNECTED WITH US

Carousel Display

FlatBook

Mysterious worldwide brings you the latest news and podcasts covering difficult or impossible to understand, explain, or identify the strange.




Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *